Friday 21 October 2011
|8.30||Registration and exhibition opens|
|09.30||Plenary 6: Good decisions in tough times
- Martina Milburn, Chief Executive, The Prince’s Trust
- Baroness Debbie Scott, Tomorrow’s People
- Lord Victor Adebowale, Chief Executive, Turning Point
- Edwina Grant, Director of Children’s Services, Central Bedfordshire Council and Honorary Secretary ADCS
|10.25||Kids in care rapper
|10.35||Plenary 7: Working families everywhere
- Emma Harrison CBE, Founder, A4e
- Sarah Pickup, Vice president, ADASS
|11.10||Plenary 8: Government spokesperson
- Rt Hon Andrew Lansley MP, Secretary of State for Health
|12.00||Sub plenary sessions|
|1. Joint working across health and children's services
(Department of Education)To discuss joint working across health, social care and children’s services; shared priorities and a joint Departmental work programme in child health and wellbeing; the importance of joint working at a time of change; making partnership work at all levels of the system.
|2. Think local act personal
(Think Local Act Personal Partnership)Launch of “Making It Real” – a framework for organisations involved in care and support to check how they’re going with delivering personalisation and achieving greater outcomes for people using social care and carers. There will also be an update on the Partnership’s work programme, which has been developed in the context of providing cost effective and efficient solutions in the current financial environment, fitting well with the title of the conference ‘Tough Times Good Decisions’.
- Miranda Wixon, Sue Bott, Bill Davidson – co-chairs of Think Local, Act Personal Partnership
|13.00||Plenary 9: The future forum and integrated care- Geoff Alltimes, NHS Future Forum Patient Involvement and Public Accountability workstream.
|13.45 -14.30||Lunch and close of conference and exhibition|